Become part of revolutionizing healthcare, one patient consultation at a time.
With a growing customer base in healthcare, especially in public safety, Corti is searching for someone with experience in data analysis, technical implementations, and knowledge of emergency CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) systems relating to public safety management.
If that sounds like you, join Corti as our next CAD Administrator!
As Corti's CAD Administrator, you'll take responsibility for data acquisition for Corti's products with our customer's IT teams. You'll work with one of Corti's Customer Success Managers on implementations while cross-functionally with our DevOps team to ensure a successful deployment.
Over time, you'll work on streamlining our customer deployments by helping to build and maintain our implementation library, making customer onboarding faster and more efficient. You'll ideally have experience working with multiple CAD platforms and have an understanding of CAD data structures. The ideal candidate has foundational knowledge of SFTP as a mechanism for data transfer and can assist our customers in automating data transfer to a Corti SFTP location—you up for the adventure?
As a CAD Administrator at Corti, the impact you'll make includes:
Taking responsibility for integrating the customer environment:
- Integrate Corti's products with client IT and Customer Success teams
- Analyze data sources on the customer side and automate the ingestion of data into our systems
- Maintain an overview of ongoing roll-outs and flag potential roadblocks.
Taking ownership of technical onboarding requirements during the sales process:
- Work closely with the pre-sales team to ensure that our sales team can work independently and have the relevant support material at hand for all standard cases
- Support the pre-sales process on non-standard cases, and validate that you will be able to technically onboard the customer
Be a voice of constant improvement:
- Drive constant improvements to our external knowledge base concerning the technical deployment to support sales, CS, and our customers with clear guides.
- Be an expert on the Corti platform and features, including understanding our customers' data landscape and how it relates to our functionalities.
- Collaborate closely with Corti product teams to communicate recurring customer needs about integrations and how to best streamline our efforts
You'll thrive in this role if you have:
- Experience with scripting and/or programming in Linux and Windows environments (ideally SQL & Powershell).
- 3+ years of relevant Computer Aided Dispatch systems experience and proven results in delivering customer experience, ideally from the healthcare industry.
- A ton of drive, problem-solving mindset, and ability to thrive in a high-pace environment like Corti.
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills and the ability to effectively articulate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to integrate Corti's API with APIs and solutions from third-party vendors through scripting and other means.
- Comfortable interacting with customer IT teams & system administrators.
- Motivation to troubleshoot and find solutions while creating a sense of urgency for rapid resolution.
- A strong eye for detail with a structured and proactive working approach
- Flexibility in regard to a quickly evolving company with a rapidly developing product.
So, what are the benefits?
We're invested in the health and future of all of our team members, which is why we offer all US-based Cortians:
- Medical Insurance
- 401k Program
- Dental Insurance
- Vacation PTO: 25 holidays for all employees on top of national holidays
- Sick leave PTO: Paid sick leave when needed
- Life Insurance: $50,000 Basic Life & AD&D
- Disability Insurance: STD Employee Paid & 50% LTD Co Paid Taxfree Benefit
- Equipment: Computer, monitor, laptop stand where needed
- Flexibility: Remote first company with flexible work hours
- Company and team trips: Go somewhere with us and get to know your team at least every 6 months!
- Read more about the US team here.
- The position is remote and full-time and starts as soon as possible. The candidate must, however, be located in the US.
- Based remotely in the US, you will be part of a globally growing team, reporting to Corti's Vice President of Customer Success.
- Work activities cover the entire US, and there is occasional travel required.
At Corti, experience comes in many forms, and we're passionate about creating teams with a multitude of perspectives! If you believe your experience is close to what we're looking for but not an exact match, we still hope you'll consider applying! Bringing in top talent from all backgrounds is crucial in our pursuit to improve the world of healthcare. We encourage applications from all people and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, and/or disability status.