Do you want to play a critical role in changing healthcare for the better?
Do you like leading a fun, autonomous, collaborative team guided by shared values, high quality, and a willingness to act and fail? Are you looking for a mission-driven role where you can be critical in changing healthcare for the better?
Then join us at Corti as Engineering Lead for the Backend Team to be part of pioneering the development of products in healthcare.
You’ll be responsible for building and leading the squad that owns a portion of one of Corti’s products, ensuring that best practices are followed in that area and validating that the correct resources are allocated in the proper places for the team to succeed. Additionally, you'll be building, maintaining, and improving Corti’s internal and external facing tools and applications, writing APIs, and ensuring Corti's frontier position in backend development — are you up for the adventure?
The impact you’ll make
- Hire cutting-edge talent and mentor every employee on the team in a way for them to become a success.
- Ensure that teams can fulfill their tasks correctly, including the right resources, information, and plans.
- Work across teams within the product team and other product teams to align upon best practices.
- Stay updated with best practices, tools, and the latest developments in backend technologies.
- Developing & architecting improvements to the product in conjunction with the rest of the team.
- Maintain and improve the codebase, including writing automated tests.
- Optimize applications for maximum performance.
- Write functional requirement documents and guides.
- Assist other team members with coding and troubleshooting.
- Bridge technical communication between end-users, technical leads, decision-makers, and Corti engineering.
- Experience leading small to mid-sized teams of developers of varying levels.
- While you enjoy leading a team, you still enjoy hands-on coding.
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer working with object-oriented programming languages.
- Mastery of one or more software languages (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++, C#).
- Extensive experience designing and implementing APIs (REST, gRPC, GraphQL).
- Experience building distributed systems with an understanding of their architectures and trade-offs.
- Solid understanding of SQL and an ability to write complex, performant, elegant queries.
- Familiarity with container technologies such as Docker.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to perform well in collaborative teams and a fast-paced environment.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Data Engineering, Computer Science, or a relevant field.
- Familiarity with event-driven architectures and technologies.
- The role is full-time, and the expected start date is as soon as possible.
- We are looking for someone in Denmark, but we can be flexible with the right candidate.
At Corti, experience comes in many forms, and we're passionate about creating teams with a multitude of perspectives! If you believe your experience is close to what we're looking for but not an exact match, we still hope you'll consider applying!
Bringing in top talent from all backgrounds is crucial in our pursuit to improve the world of healthcare. We encourage applications from all people and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, and/or disability status.